Fri. 22 Jun 2018 - Sun. 24 Jun 2018
6:00 pm - 2:00 pm
We are pleased to announce our 2018 family retreat here in Switzerland.
Over a weekend in late-June we will come together in the hills overlooking Lake Maggiore to learn, to relax and enjoy the local area.
The theme of our retreat this year is on the topic of “Building a Muslim family.”
As Muslims we realise that the family is the core unit of society, and for us who live in the West, there are some additional challenges.
Our guest speakers this year include the deputy headteacher of an Islamic school in London and a Shaikh who has over 15 years family counselling experience. Together they will cover a range of topics including:
- Family dynamics in the Quran
- Guidelines on running an Islamic home
- Tarbiyah: classic principles, modern challenges and solutions
- Education at school and education at home
- Dealing with family conflict
- Islamic personality development
In addition, this year we will have an extra instructor who will run a children’s programme for our younger participants (focussed at the 8-13 year group).
Our venue is located in the picturesque town of Tenero in the hills overlooking Lake Maggiore. We have space for 59 people on two floors with a play area for children, a terrasse overlooking the lake and a park only a few mins away.
Families will be roomed together wherever possible, and priority will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Free wi-fi will be available to all attendees.
Coming from abroad?
All nearby airports have some pros and cons. Use the information below to guide your decision.
- Lugano – this is the closest airport, but flights here can be expensive
- Zurich – medium-cost flights. We may be able to pick you up and bring you to the venue if flight times can be co-ordinated. Otherwise you can take the scenic route by train.
- Basel – extremely cheap flights here with Ryanair & EasyJet. From Basel you’ll need to hire a car to get to the venue.
- Milan Malpensa – cheap to fly here – and just over an hour’s drive from the venue.
Our tip is to stay over on Monday and fly in/out of Milan. You can use the extra day in the beautiful Lake Como area in the north of Italy, or even Milan itself.
We can provide further assistance over email. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost & payment
The price structure for this year’s retreat will be as follows:
180CHF per adult
95CHF per child 5-14
360 340 CHF
2 adults + 1 child:
455 420 CHF
2 adults + 2 children:
550 500 CHF
2 adults + 3 children:
645 600 CHF
This cover’s the cost of accommodation, food during the stay and transport from the time of arrival until departure.
Payment should be made to the following account
Account name: Swiss Muslim Events
IBAN: CH73 0900 0000 6139 7992 6
Bank name: POSTFINANCE AG, Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern
Please mark your payments with “2018 retreat”.
The minimum age to join this event is 5 years old.
A full programme will be provided to everyone who registers for the event in early June containing all necessary information.
To register for the retreat please fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly thereafter inshallah.