Alhumdulillah, this course was well attended with approximately 65 attendees spending the day with us.
Before a Muslim learns about the intricate matters of Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh), or the science of authenticating of hadith, or even learning the Arabic grammar, there is a far more important topic to understand â€“ a topic that defines what a Muslim is.
Sh. Fraz Farhat did a great job explaining some of the fundamentals of Tawheed and we hope to invite him back later to build on what he taught us at this seminar.
Amongst the topics presented at this seminar were:
- Definitions of Aqeedah and Tawheed
- Shirk â€“ its meaning and dangers
- Categories of Shirk
- Allahâ€™s Lordship (Tawheed Ruboobiyah)
- Allahâ€™s Right of worship (Tawheed al-Uluhiyyah)
- Allahâ€™s Names and Attributes (Tawheed al-Asmaa was-Sifaat)
- The meaning and the excellence of the Shahadah
About the speaker
Sh. Fraz Farhat graduated in Engineering from the University of Leeds. In 2000, he graduated from the University of Medina from the faculty of Islamic Law.
As well as a translator of Arabic works, he is a guest on the popular TV show Islam Q&A, and also occasionally teaches for AlKauthar Institute in the UK.
To start the audio playback please click on the arrow.